The charming Sacha Jones of Stiggly Holistics shares her recipe for Fire Water. This is a savory cleansing concoction that Sacha drinks every morning. I highly recommend this drink-- it's a wonderfully warming broth.
It’s also a huge part of the menu for the group cleanses that she organizes. My next blog post will feature Sacha and Stiggly Holistics.
In the meantime, if you are interested in a guided cleanse, Sacha organizes cleanses at least once every season. She welcomes participants at ALL levels and it's international!
Sacha recommends drinking Fire Water every morning. After you wake up and have a full glass of water, then move onto your Fire Water. It is a great "zingy", super cleansing kickstarter and the perfect replacement for coffee. Sacha explains, “it’s very cleansing, has anti-inflammatory properties, good for digestion and blood sugar balance. It’s pretty awesome!”
Fire Water - The Basics:
- Boiled water, enough for your mug
- Fresh squeezed juice from a half or full lemon
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cinnamon, Ginger Powder & Turmeric, approximately ¼ teaspoon each
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or other high quality sea salt) & fresh cracked Black Pepper, a pinch of each
- Virgin coconut oil, 1 teaspoon
- Boil the water. Sacha reminds us “remember not to watch your kettle - you know what they say!”
- Squeeze the lemon juice into “your biggest, most favourite, chunky ceramic mug."
- Add the cayenne pepper to taste, as well as the other spices, salt and pepper. The above measurements are general guidelines. Sacha recommends you “play with the quantities, start with smaller pinches of each if you prefer."
- Then top off the Fire Water with virgin coconut oil
- Finally, Sacha instructs us to “stir, sit down, breathe, smile, and when it's cool enough, sip. And enjoy. You will likely want to stir it as you go, to keep all the lovely ingredients from settling to the bottom”.
Finally, a lovely video of Sacha making Fire Water